- Date Released: Jul, 2012
- Designer: Hong Hoa
- Price: FREE
- Creative Commons Attribution: You are free to use for personal/commercial use. But, you must attribute the work to the author. Should not remove credit links.
- Downloads: 2693
- Demo views: 5713
- 10 people love this template
- Post Thumbnails
- Show a thumbnail image (small image) for every post using this template
- Featured Post
- Show featured posts in home page using this template. Engage your users by showing your top content in home page
- Hierarchical Menu
- Metro Simple template comes with hierarchical dropdown navigation menu.
- HTML Menu
- Navigation menu for this template is customizable in HTML. Edit the HTML to add your menu links
- Widget Ready
- Metro Simple template comes with many widgetized area. Add your widgets easily using this template
- Footer Widgets
- Metro Simple template comes with footer widgets. Use your footer area effectively for engaging your users
- SEO Ready
- Metro Simple template is optimized for Search engines like Google. This template helps your website to rank higher in search engines
- Related Posts
- Metro Simple template shows related posts in the bottom of every post. This improves user engagement of your site
- Ad Ready
- Use this template to show Banner advertisement or Google ads easily. Make money using your site
- RSS Buttons
- Metro Simple template comes with RSS Buttons. Let your user follow you using your RSS feed
- Social Buttons
- This template comes with social buttons like facebook, twitter etc., Let your users share your content easily
Navigation MenuFind following code in the template
<ul id='main_menu'> <li class='top_menu'><a expr:href='data:blog.homepageUrl' style='padding:0px'><img src='http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DtQr5x_9CwA/UOc8ImWfHxI/AAAAAAAACgE/sILQCQqmBXg/s000/home.png'/></a> <ul> <li><a href=''>Blogger News</a> </li> <li><a href=''>Support</a> </li> <li><a href=''>Sitemap</a> </li> <li><a href=''>About</a> </li> <li><a href=''>Contact</a> </li> <li><a href=''>Policy</a> </li> </ul> </li> .........
Edit the above code and add your navigation links
Featured Posts in Home pageThis is going to be little challenging. Follow the steps below carefully.
1) First of all decide which Label (category) you want to use for Featured posts section. In the demo, we used a label called "hot". All posts from "hot" label are displayed as Featured post.
2) Go to Layout, Click Edit on Feature Gadget. Make sure ONLY following options are checked in the Show section. Please uncheck if Icons and/or Date of last update is already selected
- Title of most recent item
- Snippet of most recent item
- Thumbnail of most recent item
3) Now, you have to add 4 blog list URLs to display 4 featured posts in the home page. Please add exactly 4 urls. I added following URLs to the blog list
Here "hot" in the url refers to the Label that you want to use. Index number refers to the recent post number to display. Do not forget to change the domain in the above urls. I used http://metro-simple-lovely.blogspot.com to refer to my blog. Use your blog url instead.
4) Now, you are all done. You may have to wait up to 24 hours for this to work.Advertisement management
This template comes with several HTML/Javscript widgets to put your adsense code or a banner ad.
Layout for Metro Simple Blogger Template